It may have taken them a while, but Ritz-Carlton Hotels launched their iPhone and Android mobile app this month, and it’s more than just an easy way to book a room.
The app uses tons of Quick Response (QR) codes, which are dispersed throughout individual Ritz-Carlton hotels and give a variety of information—from interesting city facts to hotel activities.
Check out some of the Ritz-Carlton’s around the world using QR Codes:
- At the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, guests can learn about the hotel’s art collection using the QR codes found and scanned in the app.
- By scanning QR codes, guests can learn about wine pairings at the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong.
- The Ritz-Carlton Berlin gets kids involved by letting them participate in a digital scavenger hunt using QR codes and clues at each stop.
- By scanning the QR code on the Ritz-Carlton Battery Park (New York) cocktail napkin, guests can obtain the recipe for the hotel’s signature 10-year anniversary drink.
The QR code function is built into the app, using your smartphone’s camera, so you don’t need to download anything additionally.
- Your phone’s GPS technology can identify when you have stepped into a Ritz-Carlton, signaling the app to gather landmark tips from Ritz-Carlton concierges from the mobile app, Foursquare.
- The app has an activity calendar for every individual Ritz-Carlton, so guests can be in the know on the ongoing events during their stay.
- You can look up other Ritz-Carlton locations.
- You can make reservations for your next stay.
For more information on the Ritz-Carlton’s mobile app, check out HotelChatter!